Thursday, June 30, 2011

Weekend Plans

I'm sure that most of you out there in the interwebs have big plans for this coming weekend (well, you do if you live in the USA, anyway).  Th 4th of July weekend is a big one for searing cow flesh on the grill, blowing things up, and getting sunburns.  I, however, am planning on spending a fair chunk of the weekend in my basement.

When I moved into my current home in 2004, it was the first time that I lived anywhere with a basement.  I had all of this space in which to store my junk, and at the time it seemed nice a spacious.  After six-and-a-half years of accumulating even more junk than I had when I moved in, I can now say that it doesn't look all that big anymore.  So, it is time to wade into the piles of boxes (some of which I know are simply sitting there empty) and organize it all.  Or, at least, make a serious dent in it.  I want to try to organize the games properly on the shelves so that it is easier to actually find one when I want to play it, as well as getting some better organization with the boxes of books, CDs, and other stuff sitting down there just waiting for a flood to ruin it all.  I need to at least make better use of my shelving and get that stuff elevated.

Maybe once that gets done it will even be time to start thinking about painting down there.  I can't say that those bare concrete walls are enticing, and the time I was stuck down there while the tornado sirens kept wailing was a bit dull, except for when the water starting coming through that crack in the wall.  Maybe I should seal that while I'm at it...

No comments: