Monday, September 05, 2011

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Historically, whenever I have purchased a new computer, I have always purchased at least a couple new computer games to install on it to push its up-to-date graphics capabilities.  I purchased a new computer a few months ago, but I have yet to purchase any new games.  Recently, I have actually installed The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and have been playing that.  I got this game ~5 years ago and played it to pieces, though I never actually finished it.  During my re-play, I have been reminded of two things:
  1. How beautiful the game is, with expansive environments and wonderfully imaginative detail.
  2. How much fun it is just to walk around the environment and interact with all of the NPCs and explore all of the ruined towers and caves and stuff.
  3. How little fun it is to have to close Oblivion gates.  Seriously, This is like half the game and it is just so tedious and annoying.

So while I will probably never actually finish the game, it sure does run butter-smooth on my new rig.

No comments: