Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Resolution Progress

I had two resolutions this year:  to read 20 books, and to do a better job of being intentional with my time.  Now that the year is 1/4 done, I wanted to check and see how I was doing.

On the time front, I am not as diligent as I should be.  I still waste time, but it isn't as bad as it had gotten late last year.  Perhaps last year was just very stressful (which it was) and my brain's way of dealing with it was to veg out on random internet stuff.  Whatever the reason, I am improved this year.  Still have improvements to make, but I am more on top of things than not, so that's positive.  To sum up, progress made, but more work remains.

On the reading front, I need to keep a pace of five books per quarter to get to 20 for the year.  As of the end of March I had finished six books in 2013.  Granted, one of those was mostly read in 2012, but even if you don't count that book I read five start to finish in the year, so I am keeping pace.

No comments: