Monday, December 30, 2013

Update on 2013 resolutions

At the beginning of the year I had three resolutions:
  1. I am resolved to be more intentional with how I spend my time.
  2. I am resolved to play my guitar in 2013.
  3. I am resolved to read 20 books in 2013.
I am proud to say that all three have been met.  While I have not been perfect with my time allotment, I have spent noticeably less time idly browsing through Youtube, boardgamegeek.com, rpg.net, and other internet time wasters.  If I watch TV, it is almost always to watch a specific show.  I still play too much Football Manager on my computer, but nobody's perfect.

I did get back to playing my guitar this year, and have built up some good callouses and got my skills pretty much back where they were a few years ago.  Now, for 2014, I need to make the next step to actually learning how to play the Blues.  I keep saying I'm going to do it, but it doesn't happen.  Maybe this is the year to force the issue.

As far as books go, I read 27 books in 2013.  Granted, I was unemployed for 3+ months, which provided me extra time to read that I didn't have before, but I still got a lot of books knocked off the "to read" list this year.  Now if I could just keep from adding books to that list, I might actually start making progress...

No comments: