Friday, October 24, 2014

A Question For My Readers

I know that a few people subscribe to this blog, mostly for the writings about board games, so I want to run something by you guys and see if anyone has a strong opinion about it.  I have been writing about board games on this blog for a number of years now, generally using the method of randomly picking a game from my collection to play and write about.  For 2015 I am planning to change things up.  For 2015 I plan to pick 10 games from my collection and play them each 10 times.  I will then write about my experience of each play.  The idea is that this will provide me with more depth of experience with the games, as some games can have some hidden depth that can only be seen once a player becomes familiar with the mechanics.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I am wondering whether I should stop writing about games on this blog, and starting up a new blog for my game writings at Board Game Geek.  I think that will provide a much larger audience for my writings, but I don't want to just up stakes and move without seeing whether anyone cares.  So, let me know if you have any strong opinions either way on this.  Thanks!

1 comment:

Aaron W. Thorne said...

Well, no comments in over a month tells me that I should move the blog, so as of the end of 2014 I will no longer write about games on this blog. I'll post a link to the new blog at BGG once it is up and running.