Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Busy Weekend

Now that was a busy weekend. On Friday, I had most of the guys from my small group at church over for the evening. We ate burgers, and played lots of poker with Monopoly money. As it turns out, I am not as good at poker as I like to think I am. I think everyone finally left at 11:45, which is about two hours past my bed time. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I am a morning person, I got up at 7:15 on Saturday morning. When the birds are singing and the sun is shining, it is hard for me to stay asleep.

So Saturday was really busy, even with the early start. I did my standard casual breakfast, and then I went to the theater to finally see the movie 300. Overall, I liked it quite a bit. I had too many nude scenes, but that was somewhat expected. The bulk of the movie, though, is glorious, even if the overuse of slow-motion special effects threatened to derail it. It is not glorious for its plot, of course, but for the "ballet of blood" as the Spartans kill hundreds and hundreds of their foes. It is one of those movies that makes you feel wonderful to be a man.

After that I spent a couple hours prepping for, and then the rest of the day running, the RPG that I am playing with a few friends down in Jefferson County. If you have never run a game, you don't know how draining that can be. I think I got to bed at 12:15 or 12:30. Of course, I was up at 7:30 next morning to get ready for church. Oh, and the sun was shining and the birds were singing and the whole bit.

Sunday was this little thing called "Opening Day." You know, when the World Series champion St. Louis Cardinals started their season against the pond-scum Mets. You know, that team that made us look bad as they pounded us for six runs. I went to the game with coworkers, in our company's luxury box. We had a lot of people in and out of the box all game, and I couldn't even keep track of who had tickets for the luxury box and who got smuggled in at some point during the game. Overall, it was fun, but I had to leave in the seventh inning if I was to have any hope of making it to the gym by 5:10 the next morning. I didn't miss anything other than the Mets scoring their final run. As I said, I didn't really miss anything.

1 comment:

Kickster said...

"YOU" had too many nude scenes? I was gonna wait to netflix 300, but maybe I'll catch it on the big screen after all!! :-)