Monday, March 10, 2008

Off of Work

So I had the day off from work, today. I mainly took time off because I could. I started the year with about 2 weeks of vacation in the bank, and I'll earn almost 4 weeks the rest of the year, so I needed to start using some time. That and I'm having my carpets professionally cleaned tomorrow, and I can't be at work and let the Stanley Steemer crew in my house at the same time, can I?

I'd like to say that I did lots of fun stuff today to celebrate my day off, but I didn't. What I did do was clean. A lot. I figured that if I was having my carpets done it wouldn't be good to have great-looking carpets and then lots of dusty furniture with unorganized junk on it, so did lots of dusting and organizing and throwing away old magazines. Sorry, placing old magazines in the recycling bin. And I did 3 loads of laundry. All told, that took about 5 hours, I think. After this, I think I'll go iron some clothes, because that is the kind of crazy man I am.

No comments: