Monday, January 30, 2012

It is getting easier to be an Arsenal supporter

As some of you may know, I am a fan of Arsenal, the London football club.  Just a couple years ago my only real option to see them play was Fox Soccer Channel.  The Premier League is big business, though, so now I can also catch some occasional matches on ESPN 2 on Saturday mornings, and just a couple weekends ago the main Fox channel showed the match against Manchester United on Sunday morning.  I'm not sure if this accessibility will continue or not, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Recently, however, I discovered ever more Arsenal to be available to me.  When I got U-Verse TV service, I signed up for the expanded sports package to have access to Fox Soccer Channel.  This package gives me access to pretty much every regional sports network throughout the country, though any live matches are blacked out since I am "out of area" for those.  I just recently learned that YES, the Yankees network out of NYC, has not one, but TWO Arsenal weekly shows that they have every week:  Arsenal World and Arsenal 360.  While I find Arsenal World to be a little too unfocused for my taste (I don't really care to see interviews with random fans before and after matches), Arsenal 360 is a pretty good summary show, though I noticed that it seems to be delayed so that it is coming out a week after it comes out in England.  Ah, well, I'll take it, anyway.

No comments: