Saturday, September 16, 2006

Bountiful Savings

One of my favorite anime distributors is The Right Stuf, a large mail-order operation out of Iowa that also produces and distributes a select few anime titles on their own. Interestingly enough, I first became aware of them when I lived in Arlington, VA and they would send me catalogs addressed to a previous occupant of the apartment. Anyway, they are being positively insane this month, and are offering a deal where you can get 10 Geneon titles for $50, or 25 titles for $100. Yes, you can get DVDs for as little as $4 a pop. Needless to say, I took advantage of the offer, and am now eagerly awaiting my 25 shiny new discs. This is a great way for me to check out series that I otherwise wouldn't be viewing, as some things are interesting, but not worth the cover price the company is asking for. But $4? That is as much as a rental at the local Blockbuster, so my risk is essentially nil, especially when you consider that I can always recoup some cost on a title I don't like by moving it on eBay. I really don't know how anyone is making money off this deal, though.

No comments: