Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Change is In the Air


Yes, friends, autumn is upon us. My favorite time of year, as the weather changes and winter approaches. I have always liked autumn, partly because of the wonderful tree colors, but also partly because when everything dies my allergies get better. It's a "win, win" situation! the photo up front is of the tree in my front yard. I find it interesting how it goes red on the south side before the north side changes. I also like how it turns yellow before it turns red, so I get all the fun autumn colors in one tree. Just don't ask me what kind of tree it is, as I don't know.

Another good thing that is happening this autumn is due to the fact that I am no longer in the Systems & Process Assurance group at work. See, back in the old days, from September to December was "busy season," where we were expected to have at least 55 chargeable hours per week. If you don't count weekends, that is 11 hours per day, not counting any administrative stuff you may have to do. To put it bluntly, it sucked really hard. Now that I am in Internal Audit Services, however, I don't have a busy season, so I just get to work really hard all the time! Uh, I mean, I don't have to meet an artifical chargeable hours limit. Anyway, however you look at it, it means less stress, and that is good.

No comments: