Friday, March 13, 2009

Blues Win!

My friend Gabe, who I have taken to a handful of Blues games in the past, got a pair of tickets at a charity auction and decided to treat me to the game last night. Well, he first tried to treat a young lady whose company he was interested in, but that didn't happen, so I was the fallback. Since Gabe's tickets were on the 5th row, behind the goal where the Blues attack twice, I wasn't going to complain.

The game was great. I don't know that I have ever sat that close to the glass before. We had a couple good hits right in front of us, one so hard that it knocked the goal lights off their moorings, so they were just sitting cock-eyed up on top of the frame. The glass bent a good 15 degrees on that one. We also had a couple hard shots that smacked the glass in front of us, as well. One thing I'll say for sitting low; it gets LOUD down there.

In the end the Blues won against San Jose, which for pretty much all season has been the best team in the league, so that bodes well for the stretch run. I still don't think the Blues will make the playoffs, but they are giving it a good effort this year and that is good to see.

No comments: