Saturday, May 16, 2009

Finding Stuff, and then Moving It

I spent a good chunk of the day yesterday at my parent's place. I played some Combat Commander and Settlers of Catan, and otherwise just hung out. Right before I left, though, my father took me down to the basement to root through a box of games he had recently uncovered. At the bottom was Battle Masters, a board game that my friend Tony had purchased in college, and had given to me. I hadn't seen it in years, and had figured it was lost to the mists of time. Well, now I have it again. No idea when I'll actually play it, though. In the meanwhile, it joins the collection in my basement.

After that, I went to help my friend George move from his old apartment in south county to his new one off Clayton Road, in Creve Coeur, I think. Not too far away from me, actually, just up 141 a few miles. This would have been a non-event, except for the severe thunderstorms that were blowing through the area. We got everything loaded up just fine, but on the drive over the rains kicked in hard, and crazy stuff started to happen. Stuff like the mattress coming loose and flying 50+ feet into the air before landing in the middle of the road. And horizontal rain that soaked everything. Did I mention that George's new apartment is on the third floor of the building, and required hauling large, awkward furniture up a spiral staircase? Yeah, that was fun.

No comments: