Sunday, May 03, 2009

Stupid Birds

There is this mated pair of starlings that keeps trying to build a nest in my dryer vent. They worked at it last year, and they are back at it again this year. A few weeks ago I went out to get a vent cover, but my stupid dryer vent is some fancy thing that none of the vent cover models will fit. So I just kept cleaning it out by hand, but then recently I had this idea. I had picked up a pack of little adhesive dots at a craft store (I was thinking they would work well for putting shields on wargaming minis). I didn't want to have to try to glue the vent cover into place, but I could pre-place the dots and just stick the cover over the vent. In theory, it should work.

So, that is what I did late this morning after church. I did it while actually running the dryer, as I wanted to make sure I didn't have starlings attacking my head while performing the operation. I am happy to report that it seems to be working great. I went out this afternoon to check on it and make sure it hadn't fallen off, and a very depressed starling was sitting on it staring forlornly at the dryer vent. It made me smile.

1 comment:

Aaron W. Thorne said...

THE BIRDS RIPPED IT OFF!!1!!1!

I must make further plans...