Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Car as Money Sink

I had a new experience on Thursday; after spending the evening at my parents' house visiting with my brother and sister-in-law, who were in from Florida for a visit, I went out to the driveway to get in my car and drive home, when I discovered that the driver's side window was gone. After a moment of panic I was able to determine that it wasn't busted out, but instead had simply fallen down of its own power into the door frame. Some minor detective work discovered that the tension cable had come off its moorings, and when I tried to move the window up using the electric moter it sounded like the motor also had a problem. So, the car is now at Dobbs getting fixed. I know that people always talk about how their homes are money pits, sucking away all their free cash, but I'm pretty sure that cars are close seconds in that race. Ah, well, it's only money.

No comments: