Sunday, October 04, 2009

Lots of Games Were Played, Almost Nobody Got Hurt

This weekend was Archon, the premier St. Louis science-fiction convention. Yes, I was there. No, I did not go to any of the panels, or the costume contest, or sit and watch goofy movies in the video room. I played games all weekend. I went with two of my local friends who I play games with, and I drug them into three different games, two of which they really enjoyed. Truth be told, the one they didn't enjoy I also didn't enjoy very much. Ah, well; I had never played it before and wanted to try it out, and now I have. I also won a free card game, spent money in the dealer's room (though not as much as Roy did, so I can still claim that I showed proper restraint), ate good barbeque, and ate good Chinese food. Good times. We're already planning for next year.

3 comments:

Magister said...

Well -- what games? What did you buy? Your reading public demands to know.

Aaron W. Thorne said...

played: QAGS, Arkham Horror (with Curse of the Dark Pharoah expansion), Savage Worlds, Ninja Burger, Frag, and Federation Commander.

Purchased: Way too many Federation Commander expansion packs, The Moon Pool (an early 20th century fantasy novel), the first expansion to the Anima card game, and some other old books I can't remember right now.

Aaron W. Thorne said...

Oh, I also played a relatively new game by Steve Jackson Games called Revolution, which was outstanding. My first time playing, and it took less than an hour with 4 players.