Thursday, October 22, 2009

Southern Style

Greetings from Nashville, TN. Well, I'm really staying in Brentwood, a suburb south of Nashville, but most people who read this blog won't know the difference. This is the first of ~six weeks on a project to help a company here get a grasp on how they could improve their internal controls over their IT operations. Not the most exciting work ever, but still pretty interesting.

I have felt pretty lousy a good part of the week. I'm not sure if that is due to some kind of allergic reaction to a plant around here, or if I am fighting something off. Whichever it is, I haven't had a lot of fun this week. I also have had to work some pretty long hours, which probably hasn't helped whatever my situation is. I did have a chance to go to dinner at B. B. King's blues house in Nashville last night, though, which was cool. They had a band and some singers doing R&B and old Motown music, which wasn't as good as if they had a straight blues band, but whatever. I did snag a glass from the gift shop to go with the one I got from the Memphis location last year, so my collection of glassware from my travels continues to expand.

Lastly, the manager I am working with on this project was Lee Ann Womack's roommate in college, and while growing up knew Dolly Parton, as her parents lived in the same neighborhood as the singer. That's not something you hear every day.

No comments: