Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Downside of Netflix

I have been using Netflix for over two years now, and it is pretty great.  Most of the time.  In general, their service is great value and I really enjoy using the website to find new films, as their suggestion system works quite well once you've rated over 100 films.  Recently, though, I've hit a quandary.  See, I've current got the 3rd disc from the 2nd season of Avatar: The Last Airbender sitting at home.  It's been sitting here for over 3 weeks.  I just don't really feel like watching it.  I watched one of the five episodes on the disc about a week ago, and... it just sits here.  At some point I'll feel like watching the rest of it, but how much money will I spend on monthly charges until that happens?  I don't want to send it back, though, because that would feel like failure.  So instead I pay a monthly fee to let this disc sit here and mock me with its presence.

No comments: