Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sound System Solution

A couple months ago I wrote about my swap of a PS3 for my old DVD player, and how everything about it was great except for the sound.  Well, yesterday while reading the instruction manual for Soul Calibur IV I found a section where it gave me step-by-step instructions for getting my awesome sound back.  I just needed to get a digital optical cable and properly modify the settings to take advantage of it.  The hardest part of the process was moving the entertainment center around so I could access the rear panel of the PS3 and the receiver.  I now have my crisp and loud 5.1 signal back, which I am going to enjoy very much.  Yes, it is probably true that a proper reading of the system manual up front would have identified that solution, but why dwell on the past?  Forward to the future!

No comments: