Saturday, June 01, 2013

Ogre Scenario Book

Back in 2009 I wrote about one of my favorite boardgames, Ogre.  The next selection from my game collection is an expansion for that game, the Ogre Scenario Book.  (I know it says "book 1" on the cover, but there was never a book 2.)  This book was published back in 2001 and provides seven new scenarios for Ogre and its companion game, G.E.V.  The scenarios are pretty good, and provide a range of situations, from reversing the standard Ogre scenario (such that the command post "defenders" are ambushing the Ogre), having two groups of units on each side of a pass with a rogue Ogre in the middle that doesn't want to let either group through to attack the other.  If you like to play Ogre, then this is a nice book to have.  It cost me $6, so it didn't set me back much when I got it, and it adds some good variety to the Ogre game, so it is worth having.

No comments: