Sunday, November 26, 2006

Giving Thanks

I had a good Thanksgiving holiday. I spent ~3 days in the Kansas part of the KC area visiting with family. I have 7 aunts and uncles and 10 immediate cousins in my Mom's family, not counting my cousins children, so there are lots of people to see. I also worked on staining my deck, which is now complete and awesome looking, and other such projects. I also got somewhat caught up on my reading, which is good, as I was falling woefully behind. This week I am flying to Seattle for business, so that should give me some more time to catch up on my reading, as I have always had a hard time working on airplanes, and I don't even have much that I could do on the plane in the first place, except for a couple performance evaluations that I really need to write.

Anyhoo, it was a good holiday. I played games (and won them all!) and ate food and worked on the house and lounged around. I also visited my brother and sister-in-law's church yesterday, Windsor Crossing. It is one of those non-denominational, "seeker-oriented" churches based on the Willow Creek model. It was interesting. A little different from what I am used to, but not too much. An interesting experience, and they definitely seem to have no trouble finding top-notch musicians to lead worship.

No comments: