Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow

We got snow last night in St. Louis. When it started I was going to a restaurant to meet some coworkers, and it was just lightly flurrying. An hour and a half later, when I left the restaurant, it was coming down a little harder, but it really wasn't a problem. It was the fine, powdery stuff that doesn't easily stick to things. Over night we got about an inch, possibly less, of ground cover, which was enough to be really pretty, but not enough to cause any problems. It took me maybe 15 minutes to shovel my drive, and I really didn't even need to, I just like a nice, clean driveway in the morning.

Granted, this is St. Louis, so it was still enough snow to close most of the school and to cause 2/3 of all local drivers to turn into idiots. The snow didn't even really stick to the main roads and we still had a large spike in accidents. Unbelievable. People just don't know how to drive.

No comments: