Monday, June 25, 2007

Xenosaga

Those who know me well know that my entertainment interests follow a cycle, whereby I will be really into one thing for a while, and then drop it like a bad habit for a number of months, before getting all into it again. For example, I may read dozens of comic books and graphic novels for a month, and then hardly look at any for the next three months straight. I will then play a video game obsessively for six weeks, and then not play another game for six months. Then I might watch a lot of anime, and then watch hardly any in order to focus on every Gold Cup soccer game on TV. This behavior is normal for me, and has been the case for as long as I can remember.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is time again for console RPGs! Last week I realised that it had been over a year since I had played a console RPG, so I decided it was time to take the plunge again. Also, my birthday is in a couple days, and I am taking some time off from work without any real plans on what to do, so I figured a long weekend of video gaming would be nice, since I haven't done that in about a year-and-a-half. So, I headed out to my local Best Buy and picked up Xenosaga III, the final chapter in the Xenosaga series. I played (and mostly enjoyed) the previous two games, so it was a no-brainer.

I played through the prologue and first couple chapters over the weekend, and I like the changes that have been made to the system, especially over Xenosaga II, which just wasn't as good as it should have been. The voice acting is better, the story is tighter, and the music is noticeably better, as well. All in all, it should be a good time.

No comments: