Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Still Alive

It has been two weeks since my last post, so I figured an update was in order. I still have pain in my right foot. It doesn't seem like the cast actually did any good, so perhaps the problem is more in the way I walk or something other than just a one-time problem. I am currently wearing some kind of sling that helps raise the arch in my foot, to see if that helps any. Only time will tell.

For the 4th I drove out to Columbia, MO, and visited my friend Angela, from my old college days. We hung out in town during the day, and then she invited some friends over and we had a cookout, and then we saw the fireworks at the football stadium with one of her roommates. I must admit, the hamburgers that Angela made might be the greatest hamburgers I have ever had. The fact that they were made from meat from a cow from the family farm in NW Missouri does mean that the meat was fresher than what I can get at my local supermarket.

In other news, for the first time ever at my house it is the middle of July and I still have a green yard. It is amazing what can happen when you are actually around to water it everyday. The downside of watering it everyday to keep it green is that I am having lots of problems with weeds. There is the one variety of ground-creeper that just keeps cropping up. Every day I am pulling more of it out of my yard. Ah, well, that is the price of success, I guess.

No comments: