Sunday, December 07, 2008

Gameboy

Roughly 5 1/2 years ago, just because I wanted one, I got a Gameboy Advance SP. This was when those things were hot, as opposed to today, when they are at least two generations out of date. And, in fact, until recently I had not even touched that thing in well over two years. However, I have been travelling so much lately that I thought it might be fun to break it out (after I found where I had put it...) and take it with me on my trips.

You know what? This little game system sure has a lot of great games available for it. I have been playing a good amount of Advance Wars 2 (a game I got over 5 years ago) on it, and having a lot of fun. I also picked up a copy of Fire Emblem off of eBay right before Thanksgiving, and have been playing that game A LOT on those long flights to and from Reno and San Juan. And in the hotel. And, maybe, just a teeny bit while at home.

Just another reminder that something can be a bit old and not the "new hotness" and still be a lot of fun.

No comments: