Monday, May 21, 2007

The Auction Ends

Well, my recent comic book auction was not much of a success. Usually, every time I get a bunch of books together and sell them one or two series will really catch on for some reason and get bid up higher than I expected. That didn't happen this time, though the Supergirl books looked for a while like they might make that run.

The one thing that did make that run wasn't even a comic book. Back last year, I had picked up a used copy of the old Thieves' World RPG setting boxed set on eBay for around $20, and I was surprised when it came to find that it actually contained 2 copies of everything, except for the character guide, which had 3 copies. So, I turned around and sold off the extra books and maps. For over $20. So, it's like I got my own set for only the price of shipping! Sweet!

So, in the end, I guess I did have one good item, and I made enough that I can buy the Memoir '44 Terrain Pack and Desert/Winter map Pack and have a few cents left over, so I can't really complain. Well, I can still complain, I just don't have a good reason to do so. As my family can attest, that has never stopped me from complaining before!

No comments: