Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorializing the Weekend

It was a good weekend. It rained quite a bit, but after last year's drought I will take all the rain I can get. It probably also helped that all of my planned activities were taking place under cover. On Saturday I hooked up with the small council for some gaming, and then on Sunday I met up with my friend George to see the movie Hot Fuzz, which was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Very much recommended, but also very much not a date movie. This film is like 300, in that it does very well on a list of top movies for men, but women will probably be scratching their heads.

Then on Monday I met up with my younger brother at my parents' place in Arnold. We played Memoior '44 and ate grilled chicken and mushrooms and turkey sausage. It was all quite good.

In other news, my older brother and his wife, Amy, have moved down to Florida, so I no longer have someone close by to get my mail for me when I am out of town on business. Good thing I am not traveling these days, eh?

No comments: