Monday, January 19, 2009

Super Bowl Thoughts

So it turns out that the Arizona Kurt Warners are going to the super bowl this year. While I don't pay much attention to American Football, I'm pretty happy about this. Nothing against the Philadelphia Eagles, but pretty much everyone in St. Louis roots for the Arizona Kurt Warners (whether it is publically admitted or not), so it is pretty good to see them going to the Super Bowl for the first time ever. I remember back in '99 when I had only been in D.C. for about 6 months and the St. Louis Kurt Warners won the Super Bowl. I cared for American Football about as much then as I do now, but I took pride in the fact that my hometown team was able to win the big game. So, hopefully the Arizona Kurt Warners can make some history and bring home the trophy.

No comments: