Thursday, September 17, 2009

Half-Price Books

Yesterday I took advantage of my project in KC to actually make it to a Half-Price Books for the first time in my life. If you haven't been to one, it is a used bookstore writ large. It was actually pretty cool, though they had a pretty bad drek:awesome ratio in the sci-fi section. I didn't find what I was looking for (I was looking for some of the old Martian books by Edgar Rice Burroughs, but no luck), but I did find some essentially brand new Osprey military history books for $6 a pop, which is well over 50% off the standard price, as well as an omnibus edition of a sci-fi trilogy by Elizabeth Moon. I haven't loved all of her stuff, but her Paksennarion stories still rank among my favorite stories of all time, so I figure it won't hurt to give some of her other work a shot.

No comments: