Monday, September 21, 2009

(Late) Weekend Update

News and notes from the weekend that was:
* On Friday I did not, in fact, have the dental appointment that I was supposed to have in order to fix my broken tooth. The dentist's assistant was "sick." Considering that this happened on a beautiful Friday, I'm going to be officially suspicious of this.
* Later on Friday, I met up with my friend George and went to the Touhill Performing Arts Center at UMSL to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy in concert. Not totally my thing, but it was a good concert. it was odd to be listening to swing dance music in a concert hall, though.
* Saturday was a lazy day, where intentionally not much happened, except for the fact that I got absolutely hammered by nasal allergy problems. I'm not sure what hit me, but it was pretty bad. Because of this, when I got together with Art, Dawn, and Roy to play games that evening I was definitely not with my full mental faculties.
* Sunday was actually pretty productive. The allergy problems kept me from church (when you can't breathe well, it is hard to focus on the sermon), but I was able to do some general cleaning and picking up around the house, which was needed.
* I am now back in the Kansas City area, maybe for the last week, and maybe not; I might be here Mon-Wed next week, as well. We'll have to see how this week goes.

No comments: