Wednesday, December 09, 2009

More News on St. Louis' New Men's Soccer Team

The Post-Dispatch is reporting today that the new team has a name now, and some of the involved personnel have been named. I really have no idea how this is all going to play out, as any new league like this has a less than 50% chance of really making it and sticking around long term. However, since the Soccer Park is about three miles from where I live, if even that far, I'm sure I'll make it to some games, even if just to see what is going on. I did like the last line in the linked article.
"The challenge for us is to bring back the history of St. Louis and develop players and produce players and try to make them professional players. The whole project is exciting and a big challenge."
Man, you ain't kiddin' about the challenge part. Good luck with that!

No comments: