Sunday, December 20, 2009

Movie Time

With my time off from work for the holidays, I decided that I would watch one movie a day. I don't really watch many movies, so this is my way of forcing myself to engage in some popular culture. Maybe not American culture, per se, but culture none the less.

I'm on day three of my little adventure, and it has been interesting so far. The first movie I saw was Samaritan Girl, a Korean film about high school girls doing bad things and reaping what they sow. Or something like that. It was very odd. In fact, this is the third Korean movie I have ever seen, and "that was very odd" was my immediate reaction to all of them. That is probably enough to establish a theme, so no more Korean movies for me.

Yesterday and today were animated films. Yesterday was the classic Disney film Sleeping Beauty (I just love the art direction in that film), and today I watched Macross II. I thought I was watching a movie, as that is what Netflix said it was going to be, but it ended up being all six episodes of the video series streamed as one file. I have to admit, I was pretty impressed with the Netflix direct video feed; it looked quite good on my computer. Macross II is just as awesome and ridiculous as the original, except in six episodes instead of 39. And, yes, they still stop the aliens by singing. So ridiculous.

I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I think Tuesday will be my day to go check out Ninja Assassin in the theaters. Hopefully it will be as ridiculously awesome as I have been told.

No comments: