Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Holiday Break

The five of you that read this blog may have been wondering where I was and what I was doing over the last week and a half. Well, I was taking a break for the holidays. I had the entire week between Christmas and New Years off as vacation, so I chose not to do any blogging in that time. My holidays were good. I spent a couple days with my parents and brother Mark at my folks' place in Arnold, MO, and then I bummed around my house sleeping and reading for a few days. I did also paint my master bathroom, which probably should have been done four months ago, but better late than never, right? With that, all rooms in my home have now been painted. At some point I need to go back through the rooms and fix a handful of poorly-painted spots, but other than that I am done with painting. Since I got the deck stained a month ago, that means that all of my significant projects around the house are now completed.

Looking forward to the new year, it looks like I will be in town quite a bit. I will probably be on the road 10 to 15% of the time, at least through June, but that is a significant change from the 60+% that I was out of town last year. I am also in the process to join the church I have been attending for the last 15 months as a full member. They have a more in-depth membership process than I am used to, so they have to schedule me for an interview with one of the elders. Hopefully they will get that scheduled within the next couple of months. I am also working with one of the ministers at the church to find the right place for me to help with the young adult ministry at church, so we'll see where that goes.

Happy 2007, everyone.

No comments: