Monday, January 15, 2007

Warrior: Coupe

Warrior: Coupe by Michael A. Stackpole, 1989, FASA Corporation

And now for the conclusion to the series. Since it had been so long since I last read it, I was once again shocked by the bombshell plot twist in the last few chapters. It has been so wonderfully set up over the entire trilogy, that you know exactly how Captain Redburn feels when he finds out about it.

The main thrust of this book is the conclusion of the Fourth Succession War on the Capellan front, and the final confrontation between the Kell Hounds and the Genyosha, which ends basically the only way it really could. I wasn't overally fond of that story arc, but watching Maximillian Liao get kicked all over the universe by Hanse Davion and his forces never gets old. Total fun. I had also completely forgotten about Comstar's gambit to defeat the Federated Suns. A great end to a great series. Who needs the Clans? Not me. The Succession Wars were the good old days.

No comments: