Monday, January 08, 2007

Projects

This past week was quite an interesting one, due to the fact that during the work week I had maybe 3 hours of actual work to do. My project team was expecting lots of work after the holidays, and then our client had nothing for us to do. Crazy. I spent the time catching up on reading and cleaning up around the house, after I checked with two managers and realized that nothing was going to happen that week. This week I might have 12 hours of work to do. How will I ever get it done!? :P

This last weekend also saw the completion of a project two years in the making: hanging a medicine cabinet in my master bathroom. The "two years" part of the project length is due to the fact that I bought the cabinet two years ago when I first moved into my house, but I didn't want to hang it until I had painted the bathroom, and that didn't get done until late December. Finally, I could hang it. My older brother came over and helped me get it up. It would probably look better if we had actually cut a hold in the wall and mounted it in the hole, but I didn't want to do that, so we just screwed it into the stud centered over the toilet. Because of this, it sticks out a little farther than I would like, but if I change my mind and want to do something different later I will only have two small holes in the rather rather than a 16x20 giant hole to deal with. This also means that my sink counter doesn't have to be cluttered with crap, as I can now put all that stuff in the cabinet. Now my only remaining project is to re-caulk both bathroom tubs, which if I don't get some work-stuff to do will probably happen sooner than I think.

No comments: