Saturday, June 03, 2006

The End of an Era

Ladies and Gentlemen, my computer is dead. Specifically, the hard drive is toast. I came home from Tampa, tried to fire up the computer this morning, and nothing happened. Uncool. I called a computer service place and they sent over a nice fellow who ran diagnostics, swapped out the IDE cables, and did all sorts of things which narrowed the problem down to the hard drive itself. Joy! So, I am now looking for a new computer. I will most likely get another Dell, as my old computer was the best computer I have ever had, all things considered. It almost made it 3 1/2 years, which isn't bad for a computer, but I had been hoping for 4. Ah, well.

On the flip side, the technician noticed that I had some games on my bookshelves and asked if he could join my gaming group. So, while I lost a computer, I might end up with a new friend out of the deal. My life is too strange.

No comments: