Saturday, June 03, 2006

Tampa Bay is still America

So my first week in Florida is over. I worked a lot, ate some good food, and enjoyed the sun. I was actually working and staying in Brandon, which I guess is a suburb south of Tampa Bay proper. Brandon was exactly like everything else in the USA, except with palm trees. It was chain store heaven, with almost no local flavor.

On the downside, my recently "fixed" teeth really hurt on Tuesday and Wednesday. Serious pain and suffering, man, especially on Wednesday. I think the problem was that I was grinding my teeth really hard on the recently "fixed" guys, as I noticed that I was trying to cut a hole through my mouth guard over those teeth. Yeesh. I give it a couple more years before I have shredded that thing. I do have an appointment next week to get those teeth looked at, as maybe the porcelain cap wasn't set properly or maybe it could be a dozen other things. It's down OK today, though. I do know that it can take a while for teeth to fully recover from major work like I had. Who knows, man.

In other news, my personal computer is dead again. Glee! Stupid IDE cable, why won't you work right?!

No comments: