Monday, June 19, 2006

I Despise Tampa Bay

So I'm flying into Tampa last night. I got there a little late, but not too bad. It is late enough, however, that all I want to do is get to the hotel and get some sleep. Unfortunately for me, the Tampa Bay police decided that they wanted to shut down Interstate 275 outside of the airport. You must realize, this is the only way to go north out of the airport. I need to go north. This is bad. At this point I am being rather un-Christian in my language, as I damn the entire police department to all seven levels of hell. Anyway, I ended up getting some shady directions at a 7-11 and I got a midnight tour of the scary parts of Tampa before finally finding I-4, which got me to my destination. How on earth can you shut down the only northbound exit from the airport? These people are insane.

No comments: