Saturday, May 06, 2006

It's pledge time again

I have been a member of KDHX, a local independent radio station, for about 6 months now. They are currently running their spring pledge drive, and I decided to help out by volunteering to answer the phones for from 8AM to Noon today. The station's studio is off of South Grand in St. Louis city, and is in an old storefront in the middle of a quiet residential neighborhood, one of those nice, old brick districts that we seem to have a lot of around here. They took pretty good care of us volunteers, as I got to order up a real omelette for breakfast and a local restaurant provided fried chicken and potato salad for lunch. It was a pretty good experience, overall, so I'll probably help out again during the fall pledge drive.

For those of you who aren't from the Lou, you can actually listen to the station in a live audio stream from the website. I know it works, because I had a pledge from California today.

No comments: