Friday, May 26, 2006

More Adventures at the Dentist

My broken tooth is finally fixed. Unfortunately, it was an almost 3 hour long procedure, and was unpleasant. Not as bad as the infamous Omaha incident, but approaching that. The big difference is that instead of the generic, run-of-the-mill cheap stuff that they normally use, my new fillings are genuine porcelain. I know you're all jealous. Seriously, this was some crazy stuff. After an hour of drilling, I had to wait for an hour while the porcelain fillings solidified out of the mold they had made, and then it was 45 minutes to set them all, drill them to shape, and polish them out. The good part of all of this was that I got worked on by the pretty dental assistant lady, who was as pleasant as always. She is much better than the grumpy older lady I sometimes get assigned to.

And, in case you were wondering, getting the porcelain fillings is a lot more expensive than the cheap stuff. Like, 3 times as much. I only get that kind of special treatment because I grind my teeth hard enough, even with a mouthguard, to break out the cheap stuff, hence my need for today's treatment.

In good news, it's a long weekend!

No comments: