Thursday, May 18, 2006

My neighbor is better than your neighbor

One of the greatest things about my current home isn't the building itself, but my neighbor, Greg. I travel a lot with my job, so my lawn can suffer during the summer when I'm not around to water it. On top of that, I don't enjoy yard work at all (which is why I live in an area where the homeowner's association hires someone to mow all of our lawns), so I'm pretty bad about basic maintenance like seeding and fertilizing the lawn, weeding, and other stuff like that. Greg, however, loves yard work, and has taken it upon himself to take care of my lawn as well as his own. He seeds and fertilizes it, he puts down new soil when necessary, he trims my tree, and other stuff. Heck, whenever he buys plants for his yeard, he always buys too many, and I'll come home one day and find new flowers on my property. Greg even waters those flowers for me. This all pretty much guarantees that I will be living here as long as Greg is my neighbor, because I get a much nicer property than I would ever have if I had to take care of it all myself.

No comments: