Sunday, May 14, 2006

Keeping Up

I'm still trying to get used to this blogging thing, where you are supposed to post all the time, and not just once a week or whenever I feel like it. Blagh.

Anyway, this past Thursday was the awards dinner for the St. Louis chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors. The past couple years I have been in charge of the chapter newsletter, and for my heroic service I was given an "MVP" award. This means that I got a pen with my name engraved on it. Whooh! I also got a snazzy business card holder, and I got a picture book commemorating the old Busch Stadium (not to be confused with the new Busch Stadium). All told, it was a good night, actually.

Last night I went to a Cardinals game. It was my first time going to the new Busch Stadium, and I have to say that I like it. It is noticeably smaller than the old stadium, but since it was built as a dedicated baseball park, it looks much better and has a better feel to it. The Cards destroyed the Diamondbacks, and Pujols hit another home run. Good times.

No comments: